Use of this website
This Agreement may be amended and you should review them regularly. If you do not accept any of the amendments made to this Agreement, you should cease using or contributing to this website. Your continued use of this website after amendments have been made to this Agreement will be deemed as acceptance of those amendments.
You agree not to:
- Use the website for anything illegal.
- Compromise the security of the website.
- Do anything that may corrupt or impair the performance of the website.
- Attempt to access any secure area of the website.
- Impair anyone else’s enjoyment or use of the website.
- Contribute anything unlawful, obscene, distressing, harassing, defamatory, discriminatory or offensive material.
- Do anything that may infringe the rights of others, including any copyright rights.
If you contribute to the site, you agree to the following conditions:
- Your contribution will be made publicly available via the Layers of London website
- All material added to the Layers of London website will be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license.
- When adding content to the Layers of London website you are consenting to The University of London archiving the content you submit as a digital resource for 20 years. If the material is re-used you will be contacted for permission and you can stipulate the ways in which we may use the material.
- You may only submit material of which you hold copyright, or where you have obtained permission from all copyright holders to submit the material. You can retain the right to be identified as the creator of the material.
- You may only submit material once you have obtained permission from any identifiable individuals featured in the material. If any person identifiable is under the age of 16 you will need the consent of their parent or legal guardian before you submit the contribution.
- Material may be added anonymously, but Layers of London requires a contact name and email address as a minimum to identify the rights holder.
- It is the responsibility of the contributor to identify themselves as author of the content.
- You are responsible for informing Layers of London of any change of email address.
- You may not submit material that is unlawful, obscene, distressing, harassing, defamatory, discriminatory or offensive material. Layers of London moderators will have the final say in such matters.
- You may not submit material that is malicious or harmful and could put other service users at risk.
- You may at any point edit or remove your material from the Layers of London website.
- Layers of London reserves the right to remove any material submitted through the website.
- Layers of London guarantees that the website and the material uploaded to it will be preserved and made accessible for at least 20 years.
When you make a contribution please consider your own safety and the safety of others. You must not give out your own or anyone else’s contact details or other personal information (beyond supplying the editors of the site with your own contact email address). If you are under 16 and would like to make a contribution to the site, you must obtain your parent’s, legal guardian’s, teacher's or a Layers of London team member's permission each time you do so, and you must show them the contribution you wish to make for their approval.
Breach of Contributor Agreement
Usage of Material of this Website
Usage of material on the website must be in accordance with the Copyright Statement. Please refer to the Copyright Statement.
There are links to external websites from this site. Those sites do not operate under a Creative Commons license and you must request the relevant permissions before you reproduce any of the material from those sites.
Limitation of Liability
Whilst the editors of the site make every effort to keep the information on this website accurate, the majority of information comes from the general public. We therefore disclaim any warranty or representation, express or implied about its accuracy, completeness or appropriateness for a particular purpose.
You agree to assume full responsibility for using the information on the site, and you understand and agree that the editors of the site are not responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage resulting from its use.
The site contains links to external websites. We accept no liability for the content, performance, accuracy, privacy or availability of external websites. Views expressed on external websites and on any social networking services do not necessarily represent the views of or endorsement by this website.
This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
Unless otherwise stated, the text, audio, video, images, and the compilation of information contained in the Layers of London website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. The text, graphics, and artwork are protected copyright. Copyright owners are identified as the author, in the captions and in the credit lines for each pin.
If you decide to use material on this website you must also abide by our Terms and Conditions. Every effort has been made to establish the copyright holders of the material presented. However, if visitors consider that they own the copyright to any material and can provide the necessary documentation, please contact us so that we may credit the information properly or remove them. See our Takedown Policy for more information.
The contents of this copyright statement may be amended in the future. It is your responsibility to check this statement each time you plan to reproduce material from the website.
There are links to external websites from the Layers of London site which operate their own individual copyright requirements. Please request the relevant permissions before you reproduce any of the material from those sites.
For information about contributing material to the website please refer to further information about Creative Commons in our Terms and Conditions.
Reviewed February 2019