Layers of London Freelance GIS and Data Management Work
Required: A freelancer who can work on the GIS technical aspects of the Layers of London website (www.layersoflondon.org) on a part-time basis from 1 July to 30 September 2020.
If you feel that you fit the profile below, please contact [email protected]
Deadline for expressions of interest: Friday May 22nd.
· Geo-reference raster maps received from Borough Archives
· Translate formats from geotiff/shape file to webmap tiles using FME or Klokan MapTiler software (provided)
· Create vector map in shape file format by geocoding data supplied in excel/access format
· Upload tiles to Amazon S3
· Publish maps on Layers of London using bespoke administrator interface
· LoL is a bespoke web mapping application and does not utilise propriety software e.g. ESRI
· Good working knowledge of QGIS or equivalent desktop GIS or Feature Manipulation Engine (FME)
· Software not currently funded or available via University so own home licence of FME/QGIS and own PC would be preferable
· Knowledge of maintaining web mapping applications
· Experience of editing raster data and changing raster formats e.g. RGBA